£1.4m Graff diamond up for Jewellery Quarter auction in ‘rare’ non-London sale
A fancy intense yellow and white diamond ring will be headlining Birmingham’s Fellows Antique & Modern Jewellery Sale.
This yellow diamond is the centre piece of a ring created by Graff Diamonds and is estimated at between £900,000 and £1.4m.
The auction house said that sale of a ring worth more than £1m was “unheard of” outside of London and described the sale as “rare” for a house other than the likes of Christie’s and Sotheby’s.
The 43.59 carat fancy intense yellow radiant-cut VS2 diamond is set between two white tapered diamond shoulders at 1.62 carats in total.
Stephen Whittaker, managing director of Fellows Auctioneers, said: “Yellow diamonds are synonymous with Graff. We feel very fortunate to have the opportunity of selling such a superb, excellent quality fancy intense yellow diamond set in this beautiful ring.”
The ring will be auctioned on on 7 December 2017.
Other items in the auction include:
- A French mid-20th century emerald and diamond bracelet. This beautiful emerald and diamond
bracelet is comprised of a series of three old-cut diamond geometric panels, with square and cushion shape
emerald collets. Total emerald weight 2.41cts. Estimated total diamond weight 15.50 to
16.50cts. French assay marks. With fitted case. £22000-28000
- A diamond single-stone ring. A triangular-shape diamond weighing 3.04cts, surrounded by brilliant-cut diamonds and diamond line shoulders. Accompanied by a report, from HRD, stating D colour, SI1 clarity. Total diamond weight 4.44cts. £20000-30000
- An elegant pair of sapphire and diamond earrings by Mouawad. Each earring is designed as an oval shape sapphire and brilliant-cut diamond articulated tassel, suspended from a floral cluster surmount. Maker’s marks for Mouawad. Total diamond weight 4.74cts. £7000-9000
- A ‘Lucida-cut’ diamond single-stone ring by Tiffany & Co. The Lucida-cut diamond, weighing 1.01cts, with slightly tapered shoulders. Accompanied by a GIA report stating G colour and VVS1 clarity. £4000-6000
- A ‘Juste un Clou’ bangle by Cartier. Designed as a curved nail, the bracelet is signed and numbered Cartier, WS3385. Cartier size 16. Accompanied by a Cartier pouch. £2000-3000
- An orangey pink topaz and diamond ring by Mikimoto. An oval-shape pink topaz with diamond line sides. Topaz weight 3cts, total diamond weight 0.80ct. Signed Mikimoto and accompanied by a Mikimoto certificate. £1000-1500