RJC to give sustainability talk at IJL
Returning to International Jewellery London (IJL) this year, the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC) has announced that it will be hosting a brand new free workshop at the event.
The workshop, etitled ‘Talking Sustainability: How to turn your CSR actions into effective stories’, will be hosted in the IJL Academy and will explore the challenges jewellery businesses face on how to speak to employees, customers and consumers about responsible sourcing and business practices.
The workshop will be hosted by jewellery specialist, Carina Schlesing, who has many years experience of working in CSR compliance in the luxury jewellery and watch industry.
During the workshop Schesling will explore the following:
- The issues the jewellery industry is facing today
- What is sustainability in the jewellery industry?
- What does being a certified RJC member demonstrate?
- Terminology and how to use them: words like ‘ethical’ and ‘responsible retailer’ – what do they mean and how you can use them to share your CSR success stories.
- What is CSR messaging and examples of how you can demonstrate your sustainability efforts.