Signet Jewelers has released its 2018 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report that highlights the company’s global CSR initiatives.
The report includes Signet’s progress toward goals set across its four CSR key areas: people, responsible sourcing, environmental stewardship and charitable giving. For the first time, the company produced an integrated CSR report with its annual report, streamlining the way Signet “communicates with stakeholders and investors”.
Highlights from Signet’s CSR report in each area include:
- The only jewellery retailer selected for the 2019 Bloomberg Gender Equality Index.
- 74% of Signet’s field leadership are women.
- Signet leads the industry as one of four US companies to have reported a conflict-free gold supply chain for five consecutive years to the US Securities and Exchange Commission, as verified through independent audits.
- More than 99% of gold sourced by Signet is verified conflict-free.
- Signet is the first retailer to join De Beers’ innovative new blockchain program, Tracr. The program aims to establish a unique and completely secure way to trace diamonds.
- Signet reduced its greenhouse gas emissions by more than 25%, versus Fiscal 2014.
- In 2018, Signet collectively raised nearly $6m (£4.5m) in 2018 for its national and international charitable giving partners.
Virginia C. Drosos, CEO, said: “At Signet, we know that our sphere of influence goes beyond just the places we do business. We recognise that our people, values and culture requires that we take responsibility wherever we have an impact. Instilling trust among our key stakeholders — investors, employees and customers — means that we are transparent about our CSR goals, and that we must integrate them into our daily operations.”
Eugenia Ulasewicz, Signet board member and chair of the board CSR committee, added: “The board CSR Committee believes that our CSR commitment clearly supports the company’s business strategy for long-term growth. CSR is central to our culture, reflected in our core values, and essential for us to remain both an industry leader and a competitive company.”